Friday, November 9, 2007

Increase Internet Speed

I just found out a new trick(for me its new) for increasing the broadband connection speed to quite some extent.Just follow the simple steps and modify some settings and you will get some speed difference - that's assured.

Step #1: Right click My Computer and select Properties.

Step #2: Go to Hardware tab and then to Device Manager.

Step #3: Navigate to Ports and expand it.Double click on Communications Port.

Step #4: Go to Port Settings tab.Enter the below values in the blocks as shown below.

Bits per second = 128000 and Flow control = Hardware


Step #5: After applying the settings click OK.

For more such tricks :

Increase Your Broadband Speed --- Part I
Increase Your Broadband Speed --- Part II


Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit Blinklist Furl Spurl Yahoo Simpy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you hear broadband providers or your colleagues and friends talking about "wireless" they could actually

be talking about two separate things:Wireless

Networking
, having a wire free computer in the house connected to a broadband connection.
Broadband" href="http://www.broadband.co.uk/">Wireless Broadband
, this is a special kind of broadband package

where you can use it at home, but also in certain places when you are away from home. All you need is your phone

number or pastcode to see if either of these broadband connections are available and you can check it at

title="broadband.co.uk" href="http://www.broadband.co.uk/">broadband.co.uk
.

Anonymous said...

its not working

Anonymous said...

I would recommend the antispyware solution from Search-and-destroy to anyone.
I spent a lot of time searching for a good scanner at an affordable price. I tired many different ones before I found Search-and-destroy Antispyware but when I tired it I was very happy with the results. I would recommend the antispyware solution from Search-and-destroy to anyone searching for a great scan that works just as well as Norton and many of the others that you would pay more for. Visit http://www.Search-and-destroy.com to find out more and to give this scan a try just like I did. I’m sure you will love it as much as I do.

prasanna said...

hi,
bingo its working i checked my
speed before and after tweeking it works perfect

Related Posts :